Monday, February 2, 2009

Quite A Game, Eh?

What a game. That's all I can say.

The Pittsburgh Steelers won Super Bowl Ex El Aye Aye Aye 27-23 over the Arizona Cardinals last night (2/1). For the "Stillerz", it's number six in the Lombardi Trophy Era and they now are "Reddin' Up" with snow on the ground. There'll be a parade tomorrow (2/3) for them in Pittsburgh.

As for halftime? Five years to the date of Janet Jackson's famous wardrobe malfunction known as "Nipplegate", Best. Halftime. Ever! Bruce was hot, and if you had "Tenth Avenue Freezeout", "Born To Run", "Working on a Dream" and "Glory Days" in the playlist selection superfecta, congratulations and please come to the pay window to collect your winnings.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, jamescraven for the great blog, and jfine for the running commentary. I didn't get to watch much of it, but to me the outcome was never in doubt. I was amazed at how close the game was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome. I was surprised that no one did a live blog for the actual game, but I was the only one IIRC to do a pre-game blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ JamesCraven: I don't think any of us were in the mood last night for a live blog of the game. I enjoy watching the Super Bowl commercials and that's kind of difficult when I live blog because that's normally when I read all of your comments. We had an open thread at AA with over 200 comments yesterday.

    ReplyDelete