Monday, April 6, 2009

Be Thankful About One Thing...

Opening Day/Night comes once a year in any sport.

That's what happened with the Phightin' Phillies, as they were taken out of the game early by longballs, and an very outstanding performance by Derek Lowe, noted Phillies killer leading, to the old joke about the team no longer serving beer at The Vault. Being one of the 44,532 fans, of which 99% Phillies fans (and taking three extra 2008 World Champions flags given away because they were from all Braves fans, remember when they were "America's Team"?) it was a proud moment to see the championship gonfolon raised aboue the yard. However, it was all downhill in about fifteen minutes.

2 comments:

  1. I have to say JC that I am jealous.

    I hope one day I can watch the SF Giants raise a championship banner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The downhilliness of the game caused my live blog to change from a Phillies live blog to a WrestleMania live blog (I got a good stream).

    If you get a chance, go to YouTube or DailyMotion and check out Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels. One of the greatest matches I have ever seen. Comparitively speaking, everything else WM had to offer, including the main event was meh.

    ReplyDelete