Well, since Keith has been unseen on the TV screen for the last couple weeks, here's a couple random items to keep you in the "Things that make you go 'Hmmmmmm'" mode:
- Penn State had a great year on the football field last year before heading to Pasadena and losing to the University of Southern California. The Nittany Lions are considered favorites to repeat this year, with the return to Pasadena in all possible one way or another as the BCS title game will be there. They can also take honor if they go all the way as they have been named by The Princeton Review as America's Number One Party School.
- Yeah, that moron with the laser pointer should be banned from every park.
- Did anyone notice that LPGA golfer Sophie Gustenson wore a Phillies cap at the Evian Masters this week in France. The Red Planet is now universal.
- It looks like Roy Halliday will stay in Toronto for the rest of this season.
- Michael Vick should be banned from the NFL for life because of the illegal gambling undertones in dogfighting. There I said it.
- The Washington Nationals finally did something right. Josh Willingham hit two grand slams against the Brewers last night (7/28).
- Sam Rosen, Tim Ryan (the ex-football player) and Chris Myers (yes, Hollywood himself) for the Eagles-Panthers September 13? The Phillies will still be on the forefront for a couple more months until their season is over. It was the other way around in 1998 and 1999.